We can all make a difference
People across the globe have witnessed the different effects from COVID-19, both in private and in work. During times of uncertainty it’s more important than ever to do what we can to make a real difference. We are working in real time to keep our employees safe, limit the impact for society, support our customers and protect our business. We are also planning activities with a wide range of authorities and companies to see how we can work together to solve problems where the needs are greatest.?
- We are working together with the Swedish Armed Forces to transport medical supplies within Sweden.
- We have sourced 3 000 excess PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in our facilities locally to support the local health care systems across the globe.
- We are funding loaner refurbished laptops and Wi-Fi support to a local school in?North Carolina, USA, where over 70% of students come from low-income homes.
- We plan to donate 100 used laptops for children to help them with their on-line schooling/learning. The laptops will be distributed to poor or foster families through municipality institutions in Poland.
- We are contributing to COVID-19 relief work by packaging and distributing 4,000 boxes of groceries to unemployed daily wage and migrant workers and their families in Bangalore India, in partnership with Akshaya Patra NGO.
- In Belgium we have donated electrical motors intended for windshield wipers to production of ventilators.
- We are conducting local food donations in North America as the school lunch may be the only reliable source of cooked food for many students that now can’t go to school.
- We are supporting Out of the Garden Project food bank which feeds children and their families in the Piedmont Triad.
- We have supplied Guilford Education Alliance and Peck Elementary with 100 laptops.
- We have sent 1 000 disposable masks, several dozen N95 masks and about 500 pairs of disposable gloves to be delivered to Cone Health Medical Center in USA.
- We are supporting the production of 35 000 liters of hand sanitizer as well as several dozen masks, protective eyewear and vests for emergency rooms in Curitiba and Parana State in Brazil.